A new business unit of a global Indian enterprise was seeking support to relocate Indian employees to Germany. The business objective of the new unit was to invest its own resources in developing its new business in Western Europe. The Indian holding company, with an annual revenue of $70 billion and with a headcount of more than 300.000 employees, has already been operating globally.
Before the Indian business unit was able to send new staff to Germany the business had to answer some important questions. The questions were mainly related to German labour law and tax compliances.
Questions to be considered:
- What are the short and long-term objectives of the Indian parent?
- How could a HR and tax strategy be approached, based on the defined business objectives?
- How would the legal contracts be defined in order to employ new staff in a short time?
- What is the financial position regarding social insurance and security in Germany?
- What does this approach mean to the company from a tax and legal perspective?
Counselhouse provided fundamental consultancy and support throughout the whole legal operation. From the appointment with German Embassy in India until the last day of work in Germany, we were with the client with advice and action.
- Advise and monitoring of the full procedure of the employment of new staff in Germany.
- Legal & Tax registration of the new Indian staff allocated to Germany.
- Preparation of legal documents in coordination with the HR department of HQ in India.
- Negotiation with the foreign authority and Federal Agency of Employment.
- Strong experience in supporting foreign companies to develop their business in Germany
- Our clients success is our success. Our objective is to grow along our clients
- We are family owned. Our long- term perspective allows for good strategy and decision-making
Our newsletter covers the news you need. Subscribe now.